Today I read on Politico the following headline: Senate GOP ponders ceding power to President Obama http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/senate-gop-ponders-shifting-power-to-obama-88149.html#ixzz2M7AMG1TP
OK so what is next? Let’s just disband the Senate—it hasn’t done its job for many years anyway—and just let the President decide what’s best for us? In the eyes of many, the Constitution is clearly an obstacle to good governance. Look at a few examples of where the Constitution is wrong and thus being ignored by the ruling class:
• The Senate hasn’t passed a budget in four years as they are required to do by the Constitution but nobody seems to have noticed.
• Gun ownership is clearly a threat to the peace and safety of the government and must be curtailed.
• The Supreme Court ruled that there are no limits to the taxing authority of the government. (See ObamaCare Ruling last year.)
• The needs of the government supersede religious liberty. You can believe anything you want as long as it stays out of the public square and doesn’t influence how you live your life—or conduct your business.
• Convicted prisoners must be released without serving their sentences because incarceration is cruel and unusual punishment.
• Yesterday Obama released thousands of illegal aliens—many arrested on criminal charges—because he wanted to save the taxpayers some money.
Rome had Caesar and a Senate; a dictator and puppet legislature. It seems that we are close to adopting this model as our government as well. Obama ignores the Legislative branch and rules via Executive Orders. Is it really that different? If challenged he can always hide behind the Supreme Court.
My conclusion is that divine judgment is upon us and our people prefer tyranny and evil to freedom when given a choice.